Pages

Wednesday, December 4, 2013

WIP Wednesday: Quilted Tree Skirt and Stockings...Again!?!?

Yes, yes, I know the stockings again!  Well, I have one more pieced front and an addition to that part of the "work in progress" is that I am working on a tutorial for them.  I figured that this is probably a good place to start with writing a tutorial....pretty straight forward and hopefully short!  I am hoping to have the tutorial done by tomorrow or Friday at the latest.  So, if you are interested in a stocking tutorial or perhaps just to see what I managed to come up with, stop by again soon to check it out.  Below is a photo of the stocking I will be working on for the tutorial, using an In From the Cold mini charm pack by Kate Spain and Kaufman Essex Linen in Flax.
Then the big project that I HAVE to finish by Friday is my sister's tree skirt.  I feel terrible because I started it last year and tried really hard to get it finished by Christmas, but was only able to get the top completed.  Now, I almost have it quilted, and then I just need to bind it!  Talk about procrastination.  
I seriously have to stop getting distracted by so many awesome projects, like the Round and Round Along at Thimble Blossom.  I seriously had no business starting that one and now I am almost done with another quilt top!  I need to stop making tops and get some of them quilted for crying out loud. Below you can see the Round and Round still needs to have the last row finished.  I also only made five instead of the seven as the pattern called for.  Mostly because I only wanted to use one charm pack and it will give me a lot of negative space to practice by free motion quilting.

Oh and I almost forgot...which I definitely should not, about the baby quilts for two twin boys.  I have all of the pieces cut out but need to start piecing.  I did a couple of block the other night to see how it would look.  I am pretty excited about it, so as soon as I am done with the tree skirt and the tutorial I will be all over those two quilts!
How are your sewing projects going?  Any Christmas sewing going on?  It is such a wonderful time of year and definitely a busy time!

This post is linked up with WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced.

7 comments:

  1. Love all your WIP's Kristen! All will be well worth the wait! I finished a baby quilt last night for charity. I am working on a cape that I will make from a patchwork of thrifted, felted wool in Butterick 5959.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean about moving from quilt top to quilt top without finishing the project . . . its hard work finishing them up! Love the stockings. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that quilting on the tree skirt. I am a fan! Those stockings are just too cute! I did start a lot of projects this year, but there's so many good things out there and not enough time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh man you just reminded me that my son needs a stocking!! I love your pinwheel one! I think you just made my life more difficult haha

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that Round and Round along - what did you use for the background material? It looks lovely, anyway!

    (clumsy.chord@gmail.com)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute stockings and tree skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Do you have a pattern or tutorial available for the tree skirt you made? It's absolutely gorgeous and I'd love to make something similar for next year!

    ReplyDelete