Pages

Saturday, October 12, 2013

Finish It Up Friday: Datura Blouse

This was one of those weeks were I was hopeful and positive that I would get a lot done.  I should know better at this point, that most things don't work out as expected!  I did not get too much done this week, but perhaps the weekend will be different.  I did manage to get my Datura blouse that I have been working on mostly done.  I still need to decide on buttons and I believe I am going to hand stitch the hem, but for the most part it is finished.  I think I am going to write a review of the Deer and Doe pattern for the Datura blouse, but that will come a little later.  Below is what I have so far, what do you think?

I used Kaufman Essex yarn dyed linen in flax for the yoke and The Way of Flowers from the Koi Collection by Rashida Coleman-Hale for the bottom.  Both of these are two of my favorites!  I really love this print.  The colors are wonderful and I love the little dragonflies scattered about.
 
Today's post is going to be short because it is my husband and my anniversary today, plus we are trying to get ready for a 13 year old's birthday party...this should be interesting. I love how I didn't realize what date it was when I said yes to the party....ooops.  Anyway, I am going to try and have a big finish next week, wish me luck!  Until then have fun creating!

This post is linked up with Finish It Friday at Crazy Mom Quilts, as well as Show Off Saturday at Sew Can She.  Thanks again!

8 comments: