Pages

Friday, January 17, 2014

Finish It Up Friday: Twin Baby Boy Quilts

I wanted to finally give an update on those twin baby boy quilts.  I did end up getting them done by the deadline and I finished another right after them that I honestly thought I had more time on, the book quilt.  All quilts were delivered and I think everyone was satisfied....at least I hope they truly were.  Anyway, I will list a few photos below.  It is a really simple pattern I know, but what are your thoughts?
I tried to make them unique but similar...that sounds weird, but you know what I mean, right?!?!  They both have some of the same fabric, but then one has more lighter prints and the other is a bit darker.
Just a couple more...
Then here is the "darker" version without the "lighter" one in the way.
Then lastly I love the way quilts look when they are folded and stacked....wanted to do this one for a while!  I am hoping to get a much better shot in the future.
This post is linked up with Finish It Up Friday at Crazy Mom Quilts and Show Off Saturday at Sew Can She.

11 comments:

  1. Simple is beautiful, the fabrics totally rock! Great work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed, simple is beautiful! Thank you so much for the awesome comment and for checking out the blog.

      Delete
  2. What fun and I I love that you put the initials on there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is the first time I put initials on the front of a quilt and I am pretty satisfied at how it turned out. I am so glad that you liked them. Thanks so much for the wonderful comment and for checking out the quilts!

      Delete
  3. Those are fabulous! What nice quilts for twins!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your kind words and for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. I love coordinating but not exactly the same things for twins. These look great. I noticed that the bindings are different. Are the backings different?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! And yes, the backings are different. They aren't pieced or anything, but one is the grey diamond fabric and the other is the green diagonal stripe. Thanks again for the awesome comment and for stopping by.

      Delete