I recently had a small piece of voile that had some damage to it that I wanted to use somehow. I had been wanting to make a Party Dress ever since I finished my Riding Peplum a few weeks ago. Since I didn't have enough of the voile to make a whole dress, I decided I could use it for the bodice and then use a different fabric for the skirt. In comes Essex linen, which I am sure I have mentioned before is one of my favorite fabrics. I had purchased some of the yarn dyed steel color from a friend on Instagram (thank you @auntipami), and it matched the Palos Verdes La Venta voile that I wanted to use for the bodice perfectly....score! My only concern was that the Essex linen would be a bit heavy and pull on the voile too much. Turns out it was not a problem. The Essex linen has a nice drape and I did not have make any alterations to the pattern instructions!
The only bad thing is that the triangles in the print are a bit off and so the waist seem looks a bit wonky but it actually isn't....oh well.
Thanks so much for stopping by and this post is linked up with Finish It Up Friday at Crazy Mom Quilts and Show Off Saturday at Sew Can She.