Pages

Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Wednesday WIP: Two Quilts and a Stocking

Well, my WIPs this week are continuations of my projects from last week and one from a while ago, so I will keep this short.  First off, I am going to talk about my Mermaid Penny Patch Quilt for the Penny Patch Quilt Along at Stitched in Color.  It might not look that different from my photo last week, however I finished some more of the pieced blocks.  I have all of the pieces cut out, so I am hoping to get the top finished this week, so I can get to the quilts I really need to get finished!  So, below is a group of the blocks, but I think I still need to mess with placement a bit.
I think as I get some different combinations of the pieced blocks, I can improve the distribution of the blocks.  Below are a few of the pieces grouped together for the pieced blocks.
Okay, and really quickly here are a few of my favorite blocks.  They are mostly mermaid blocks because I pieced all of those first!
The next project I am hoping to finish this week, especially since I have all of the half square triangles done for it already is the Round and Round quilt for the quilt along on Instagram which you can ready more about over at Thimble Blossom.  I am only doing five of the seven blocks for the quilt and I have three of those five done already.  
I also made a "mini" block out of the scraps from the half square triangles.  The mini (which is a 9.5" square) wasn't nearly as small as I wanted it to be but its a start.  I got the idea to do this from Camille's mini quilts, which are super cute!
 Here is the small block on top of the full size block.
Here is the small block with a 2.5" square ruler in the center.
Lastly, I finished another stocking front.  I just need to quilt it, along with my sister's tree skirt.  I am also going to try and get these two things done this week as well.
Thanks so much for stopping by, hopefully you will stop by again later to see what I actually get finished!

This post is linked up with WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced.

3 comments:

  1. I love your Round and Round blocks! Background you choose is great. Can I ask what fabric it is? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! The background for the Round and Round blocks is Robert Kaufman Essex Linen in Flax.

      Delete
    2. I am trying not to fall in love with your round and round! Like you, I do not need another distraction but here I fall again!

      Delete